Friday, November 7, 2008

Week 5 Social Networks

I felt a little strange creating a Facebook - everyone seemed so young when I was checking it out - but there I am! I had to really work hard to figure out how to get photos from my iphoto to my Facebook album but I'm proud of my persistence (if not my language) in getting them on there.
Like Flickr, my excitement about this site is mainly being able to post and share photographs. Several years ago, I entered the on-line genealogy community and it's been a blast connecting with long lost family scattered around the world. This seems like a quick and easy way to share old photographs of distant relatives (I have a bunch of those) and I'm looking forward to doing that.
Again, the very best thing about doing this is the comfort I now feel in knowing about it. As a librarian it feels great to feel solid rather than out of the loop when kids and teens are coming in using social networks (as most of them are.)

No comments: