Friday, November 7, 2008

Week 4 RSS Feeds

Week 4

I finally worked through th RSS feeds - it was a challenge. Even after listening to the intro and watching the quickie cartoon - there was something about creating a new place in which to have the RSS feeds appear that didn't click. After getting it I'm not sure what all the difficulty was - but trying to figure out which to subscribe to, viewing them all and not having experience enough to make really informed judgements was all part of it. I finally went with Google Reader and have subscribed to three feeds.
Frankly though, I'm not sold. The space is cluttered and distracting and because I subscribed to two places I had already bookmarked (which I checked now and then) I feel if anything that I've put more on my plate to read. This could all fall into place for me though, I know from experience that feeling comfortable and accessing these things intelligently takes time.
I do feel good about knowing what RSS means - one more tiny step in the direction of computer literacy!

No comments: