Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Week 10 - Last post for 10

So much to explore on the best of web 2 - it could take years! It's great to have this bookmarked! Had fun satisfying the oh so nosy me with zillow and love craigslist and love love youtube. Found some very odd things on the clone youtube and amazed by google maps - need lots more time to check everything out. My fave of all time is still flickr  - which takes me to the "applying web 2 at your library" bit. I AM SO PROUD OF THIS! I just created a Flickr group for my teen group (nhclteengroup) and at the last group I gave them our 3 digital cameras and told them to take ten portraits of each other. (There are 8 teens) They then had to choose a favorite, put on iphoto and then upload to Flickr. I KNEW WHAT TO DO! I can't even tell you how empowering this was - and the teens loved it! Two days later a couple of them came in to the Library to upload more pictures and decided to post pictures of books and do book reviews! They were on fire with it - it will be so exciting to see where they take it. Very cool.

No comments: