Friday, January 30, 2009

WEEK 11

So...podcasts. Like everything else Web 2, my family has been way ahead of me. My husband is an avid listener - subscribing to bicycling, Mac and (of all boring things) fish (as in aquarium) podcasts.  Hmmmm so there's one beauty of podcasts right there. Not having to listen to what   fascinates one person and bores the bejesus out of another. Als0, my son has a podcast with his twentysomething friends in San Francisco and though I've listened to his music (through my husband) I now have a connection - through my i-tunes - to listen to the entire show.
 It was interesting to check out the way other libraries are using podcasts, although some - like children's picture books - puzzle me. Plus, with all the copyright restrictions, seems sort of cumbersome. But - it's early days for me yet so I feel like there are many uses that are possibly (hopefully) incubating. And that I can continue to explore through all these portals. There are many subjects that I want to pursue -  the power of knowing how to access is great!

No comments: